Dental Veneers in Highland Park, NJ
The Secret to a Hollywood Smile: Dental Veneers
Do you desire a flawless smile without having to undergo many appointments? We can help. At Zen Dental of Highland Park, Dr. Yan Gu and our dental team can help you get a flawless smile with dental veneers.
This cosmetic treatment can conceal flaws in your smile’s appearance, producing beautiful yet natural-looking results. Discover why our patients in Middlesex County, NJ trust their smiles with Dr. Gu.
Dental veneers are an excellent way to redesign and reshape your entire mouth. Veneers are a very thin ceramic shell that covers your existing tooth structure. In placing these new veneers on your teeth, we can fix issues such as staining, cracked teeth, spaces, misaligned teeth, chipped teeth, and many other imperfections.
Benefits of Dental Veneers
Dental veneers are known for their convenience and effectiveness in improving our patients’ smiles. Other advantages you can enjoy with these fixtures include:
- Fast, painless procedure
- Resistance to stain
- Natural-looking appearance
- Restore self-confidence
- Mask discolored or damaged teeth
The Dental Veneers Process
In terms of the veneers placement process, it takes approximately two to three visits to complete. During the first visit, we’ll discuss the new shape and look of what we’re going to accomplish by placing the veneers. Once we have put a plan in place, we’ll carefully prepare the teeth for the placement of the new veneers. As we complete this part of the process, our cosmetic dentist will take an impression of the newly prepared teeth.
This impression will be sent to our laboratory to fabricate the final product. For the fabrication of all our work, we only utilize the highest standard laboratory. This process at the laboratory takes around two weeks. While the lab is fabricating your new veneers, we’ll provide you with a beautiful temporary solution to wear for this time.
Once we receive your restoration, you’ll return to our Highland Park office to complete the last part of the process. We’ll make every effort to make sure that your new veneers feel just like your natural teeth. We’ll bond them into place so you can enjoy your new smile for a long time!
Q: How long do dental veneers last?
Frequently Asked Questions
A: Dental veneers can last from seven to 15 years with proper maintenance and care. To ensure the longevity of your veneers, you must:
- Brush your teeth twice daily with a soft-bristled toothbrush
- Floss daily, preferably before bedtime
- Avoid eating hard foods such as popcorn and candy
- Refrain from tooth-staining foods such as berries and red wine
- Avoid damaging habits such as chewing your fingernails and eating ice
- Visit your dentist twice a year for routine dental exams and cleanings
Q: Are there limitations to what I can eat or drink after getting dental veneers?
A: After getting dental veneers, there are some limitations to what you can eat and drink. It’s important to avoid these types of food as they could damage the veneers:
- Hard and tough foods such as steak, ice, hard candy, raw vegetable and fruits, and popcorn
- Crunchy foods such as nuts, chips, and seeds
- Chewy foods such as gums, jerky snacks, candy snacks (skittles and starburst)
- Sticky and sugary foods, like caramel and gum
Additionally, it’s recommended to avoid foods and drinks that can stain the veneers, such as red wine, coffee, and tea. You should also avoid alcohol because it can damage the bonding material. Your dentist may also advise you to limit your consumption of these items. Following these guidelines will help ensure that your dental veneers last as long as possible.
Q: What can I eat after getting dental veneers?
A: After getting dental veneers, there are many foods and drinks that you can enjoy without any restrictions:
- Soft foods, such as eggs, pasta, and rice, are safe to eat and won’t damage your veneers.
- You can also enjoy soft fruits like bananas, steamed vegetables, and dairy products without worry.
- Clear liquids, like water and clear juice, won’t affect your veneers either.
Your dentist may also provide specific recommendations based on your case, so it’s always best to check with them. With proper care, dental veneers can last for many years, allowing you to enjoy various foods and drinks.
Q: What toothpaste is best for dental veneers?
A: There are three kinds of toothpaste recommended for your veneers:
- Gel toothpaste is gentle and non-abrasive since it doesn’t contain harsh abrasive ingredients such as hydrogen peroxide and baking soda.
- Fluoride toothpaste is highly recommended. While veneers are immune to disease, your natural teeth aren’t. Fluoride toothpaste keeps your teeth strong and healthy, prolonging the lifespan of your veneers.
- Non-whitening toothpaste will help keep your restoration shining and free from scratches, staining agents, food particles, and debris. Whitening toothpaste has harsh ingredients that can damage your veneers and make them lose their shine.
Enhance Your Smile With Our Highland Park Dentist!
Want to hide your smile’s imperfections with dental veneers? Call our Highland Park office at (732) 777-9077 to schedule an appointment with our cosmetic dentist, Dr. Gu.
You can also request an appointment by clicking the button below, and one of our staff members will get back to you. We’re proud to provide the highest quality cosmetic procedures in Highland Park and surrounding areas like Bound Brook, Metuchen, and North Brunswick Township, NJ.